Sub : Happy School Project
We have selected Adarsh Madhyamik Vidyalaya located at Dalvi Nagar off BT Kawde Road Flyover. It has 1250 children but its facilities are abysmal. We have taken photographs of the premises as they exist and will do the same after we are done with our work The following items are selected:
1. Since there is frequent outage of light when studies come to a halt, we are replacing all tubes with LED Patties to bring down power requirement in the whole school. Fitment of an inverter thereafter will ensure continued availability of light. Also, school's electrcity bill will come down. Quotations are in hand and work is likely to be allotted soon this part will be over by Jan end.
2. Upgradation of toilets for boys an girls. Quotation in hand work will start soon.
3. Painting of School Building. Quotation in hand. Work will start soon.
4. Taps for drinking water shifted to outside in the open area since these were messing up the entrance to the school. Four filters are proposed to be installed. Cheque given to Rtn Shekhar Zilperwar.
5. Creation of a Library under GG.
6. Creation of a Science Lab under GG.
7 RDEP is proposed to be upgraded.
In addition, an eye camp was conducted for all children. 33 needed spectacles. These are being provided at a nominal payment so that they value these.
Teachers Training conducted for all the teachers.
Road Safety Awareness conducted for the whole school.
The school already has uniform and desks.
SCAW kits are being given to children below the poverty level.
Rtn RAdm(Retd) DV Taneja